Wednesday, May 6, 2009

fitness and me

I have been a part of the health and fitness industry as a professional for the past 4 years. Phew... Time flies. I started off as an Aerobics Instructor , certified myself with the International Reebok Certification for Aerobics, Step and Body conditioning. I have been giving classes for the past 4 years, and I STILL LOVE IT.

when you are a professional and you have decided on what line of work you are going to work in, you either need to specialize in A specific area or you get creative and improvise. hmhmmh that's where i got stuck. When people were playing around with Music- the source of life in any aerobics class, i was a bit stumped, mmhh how do i go about doing this/??

Some of them moved onto being personal trainers... started working at gyms... i was handling 3-4 classes at a point in time, when all i had time was to drive from one class to another, and finish my work out etc. today group classes are taking a bit of aback seat here, it occupies space, and that space cannot be used for much else:(

when i decided to try other avenues, i started working part time at a fitness facility. loved every minute of it. hmmhmh not that i adhered to any of the rules or regulations laid out by the company, but i loved training people. I am a people's person, and that showed in what i did, and my love for the job shone through and people loved me too.

but love for a job is just not enough. Every commercial business has to be commercially viable, and that's when quality gets compromised on.... i started working full time too as i had a lot of time on hand. every job has its positive's and its negatives... i loved what i did but didn't like where i worked or how they worked, money minded is definitely not how i would describe myself....

So i quit and as i was quitting i got a job with another gym with their head office at Mumbai. now I LOVED WORKING HERE. I ran the show for a year and a half.... now i have quit in order to travel with my husband... i have decided to start blogging. so here goes.....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment